What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7A instruction wanted in south FL

Jan Bussell is in south central Florida.

He is listed under "Transition Training" on the left side of this sites home page.

RV7-A instruction wanted in south FL

Jan Bussell has a 6-A. I have taken lessons from Jan but, I was hopeing to find an instructor with a 7-A, hopefully with constant speed prop.

Jan is good but I would like the 7A time if I can get it.

Thanks

South FL Transition

I used Ron Miller who resides at South Lakeland Airpark. When I was looking for insurance about the same time, they gave me a break if I used Ron. He did my 25 hour fly off for me and then did a combination transition as well as biennial. Nice guy. I recommend him highly.
Bill Near

Sorry.. can't resist -- but if you can tell the difference (in flying) between a 6A and 7A, you don't need transition training :)

I don't know,,,

I have never flown a 7A yet. The tail is bigger, the rudder is bigger, the wings are longer, the motor is bigger and the prop is a constant speed.

I suspect it will fly some different. I have not done much flying the past 4 years and I do not want any suprises when I fly mine.

I used Ron Miller who resides at South Lakeland Airpark. When I was looking for insurance about the same time, they gave me a break if I used Ron. He did my 25 hour fly off for me and then did a combination transition as well as biennial. Nice guy. I recommend him highly.
Bill Near

Bill,

Do you have a number or email address where I can find Ron Miller?

Thanks for your help.

Jan Bussell has a 6-A. I have taken lessons from Jan but, I was hopeing to find an instructor with a 7-A, hopefully with constant speed prop.

Jan is good but I would like the 7A time if I can get it.

Thanks

Jan has a 6 & 6A.
I did my transition training with him in 2006 for my 7A.
I felt very well prepared to do my first flight. Highly recommended.
We even did a simulated engine out on departure at 400' & return to runway. We were flying heavy as Jan's a big guy.

Ron Miller

I know you already have the weblink but just in case, Ron's phone numbers are: Cell 239-872-4521 and Home 863-607-9384

I have also heard good things about Jan Bussell

Good luck
Bill Near

Back