What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F 849

tonyjohnson

Well Known Member
The plans show a small part, a flat piece of aluminum no more than 2 inches square, named F 849, which is located on the aft section of the spar carry thru. There are two holes in it, thru which the bolts that hold the seat belt attachment pass. Drawing 22 shows the piece and refers me to Drawing 18, which I do not have.

I have looked through my pics of other 8 projects and the only one that I have found that shows the area does not show F 849 in place. It seems that builder did not install it.

Does anyone know the purpose of F 849? A pic would be helpful. Did you 8 builders choose to leave it out for some reason? It seems that it is just a huge washer to reinforce the area of the bolts that secure of the pilots seat belt attachment.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tony,

849 is a bracket that mounts to the outside front center spar area so that the control column can mount/hang to it later in the assembly.

You have to fabricate this piece from some of the supplied aluminum angle.
Also, it's not a flat piece, it's an angle piece.

I'd suggest having Van's send you a new copy of dwg 18. Or you might be able to get it's dimensions from the priview plans if you have them.

Back