What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

prop drive gear

Build9A

Well Known Member
I have an 0-320 D1A that I bought new from Vans. Since I opted for the Sensenich fixed pitch propellor, I had to remove the prop gear drive (I think that's the name for the part). It's not the prop governor. I kept it for the past year thinking that I might want to convert back some day. I am happy with the current set up and will probably sell the gear driver.

I have been having trouble finding a source for pricing the part so that I can sell it. Any advice for a selling price would be appreciated. Or if you are interested in the part and can show me a web site or other arms length sales price, we can talk.

Mahlon: what do you think? thanks, Jack

Jack,
Stuff like that normally sells for about 50% of new price on the open market. Are you selling the drive, tube, clamps, fittings etc. or just the drive housing and drive gear? I will look up the prices of all that stuff and let you know what they sell for new, with a discount on Monday when I get back to the shop.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts
are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at you own risk."

Part price

Build9A said:
I have an 0-320 D1A that I bought new from Vans. Since I opted for the Sensenich fixed pitch propellor, I had to remove the prop gear drive (I think that's the name for the part). It's not the prop governor.

Mahlon: what do you think? thanks, Jack

ECI prices for prop governor (DRIVE) parts only:

retail / wholesale
gear $434 / $334
housing $364 / $280

So you are looking at approx $800 to $600 new, not including gaskets, studs, nuts. To make C/S you will need the oil line (about $120), fittings and of course the prop governor itself.

My advice, keep it. As was said you may get $300-$400 bucks but it is needed to drive a prop governor. If you ever sell your plane you can say it has c/s prop capacity. If you feel you want to sell put it on eBay. If you can't get a good selling price keep it.

George

mahlon_r said:
Jack,
Are you selling the drive, tube, clamps, fittings etc. or just the drive housing and drive gear?
Mahlon
"

Just the drive housing and drive gear. Thanks to all for your help. Jack

Back