What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rebuilding a Fuel Pump???

Scott DellAngelo

Well Known Member
My question is the fuel pump. I have not really thought about it until now. I got a fuel pump with the engine, but I am not comfortable just bolting it on and going. Is there anywhere I can get the parts to rebuild it? There is absolutely nothing to it and I would rather do that than pay Spruce $180 for an overhauled one. Do I need to suck it up or is there somewhere I can get the diaphrams and spring?

Last edited:
I don't know for sure the details of where to get the parts. I do vaguely remember from my A&P classes that once you get it apart, it's a pain to put back together because of the strong spring.

My first reaction is to just use it like it is, most failures of these, like vacuum pumps, are in their first few hours. Otherwise, I'd bite the bullet and by a rebuilt one. In my opinion, dicking around with fuel system components is something best left to the experts. I personally would not overhaul a carb or fuel pump, i'd send it out.

fuel pump

Scott, I am just now in the same boat as you with the fuel pump, I didn't havfe one and found a good used one , but I think I would rather have a rebuilt one , I would much rather do it myself the cost of a rebuild kit, so was it for a carb setup or a fuel injection and where did you find the best price ?

Danny

I got the rebuilt pump from Spruce. FYI - the core charge is actually $100 not the $30 they advertise.

I searched the internet pretty heavily and could not find a kit or anything like that to rebuild it.

Scott
#90598 Baffles/Details

Back