What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Watch two APRS trackers in "formation"

rv7boy

Forum Peruser
This morning it seemed too cold (18*F) for this mere mortal to brave the elements to get that $100 breakfast. So I fired up my new notebook to see if any of the local APRS-ers were flying up to Shelbyville (KSYI) for the monthly EAA breakfast.

You can track both Sam Buchanan (N399SB) and Kevin Belue (N97KB) as they have just arrrived in Shelbyville and will probably be returning shortly.

It was really neat to see first Sam (who was obviously either circling the airport waiting to join up with some more of the usual gaggle or trying to write his name on the APRS tracking site!) and then Kevin transmitting their little red dots to the map.

Neat stuff for a cold Saturday morning!

Don

P.S. If the above link asks for a user id, just insert two or three characters of your choosing, and it'll work. Then you can either track "N399SB" or "N97KB" ...OR...you can see all trackers at Shelbyville by going to the location box and inserting "KSYI."

Don

Last edited:
This morning it seemed too cold (18*F) for this mere mortal to brave the elements to get that $100 breakfast. So I fired up my new notebook to see if any of the local APRS-ers were flying up to Shelbyville (KSYI) for the monthly EAA breakfast.

You can track both Sam Buchanan (N399SB) and Kevin Belue (N97KB) as they have just arrrived in Shelbyville and will probably be returning shortly.

It was really neat to see first Sam (who was obviously either circling the airport waiting to join up with some more of the usual gaggle or trying to write his name on the APRS tracking site!) and then Kevin transmitting their little red dots to the map.

Neat stuff for a cold Saturday morning!

Don

P.S. If the above link asks for a user id, just insert two or three characters of your choosing, and it'll work. Then you can either track "N399SB" or "N97KB" ...OR...you and see all trackers at Shelbyville by going to the location box and inserting "KSYI."

Don

Glad you enjoyed the flight, Don!

Yes, it was cold, (for us Alabama wimps, anyway) but a very nice flight. Here we are landing in trail at DCU:

97KB-99SB.jpg

Yep, APRS is neat stuff. :)

Why yes he did. And only a formation practice could have a whacky track like that!.
Best,

Back