What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 and Blue Mountain EFIS 1

jimrhg

Are there any other RV-10's out there with Blue Mountain EFIS 1 and Auto Pilot installed?

Maybe we are the first with this configuration. Just wondering what others have used in the Auto Pilot setup for GAIN Settings.

I am going BMA and autopilot. Installing EFIS one with 2 screens and EFIS lite for backup. Just fitting panel from Aerocrafters and haven't started servo install yet. Will be interested also in other installs. Bob at BMA is installing Everything in a rv10, he might be able to help.

Auto Pilot Setup

Jim & Julie Wade said:
I am going BMA and autopilot. Installing EFIS one with 2 screens and EFIS lite for backup. Just fitting panel from Aerocrafters and haven't started servo install yet. Will be interested also in other installs. Bob at BMA is installing Everything in a rv10, he might be able to help.

Hello Jim and Julie,

You'll love the EFIS One once it's installed and tweeked. We struggled thru the install, but now that it's flying, EFIS is performing as advertised. We're still not finished tweeking and the Auto Pilot is our last system to get up and running. I've been in touch with Bob@BMA and he has already suggested an increase in the gain settings.

Servo install is straight forward, however we installed aileron servo in left wing tip, the end rib and had to reinforce the mounting with a couple of aluminum angles to eliminate flexing the rib when servo engaged. The recommended gain setting of 40 for RV's as printed in the manual is obviously for all RV models except the -10. Haven't had a chance to try increased gain settings, but will be doing more testing today. I'll post here tomorrow on our progress.

Good luck on your EFIS system, you'll love it.

Brent

Thanks Brent!
We are installing Safeair tip tanks, so probably will now have room for servo in the tip. It would be nice to have it more accessable in the tip. Reading your servo problems on BMA site, sounds like you are working it out. Good Luck.
Jim

Info on the Tip Tanks

How much extra fuel do the tip tanks give you?

Did you install them yet? Are they straitforward?

Greg

Each tank is 7 gallons, giving you 14 total. One hour plus more range. I buy my fuel 1000 gal at a time so it's a lot cheaper. I want the tanks for going out and back without having to purchase high priced fuel. I am installing the tanks this week. Nothing to it if you do it during construction. A little harder if you have to pull the main tanks to insert the fill point. The tanks look on the website like a small tank in the tip, but in fact has a long 6 inch tube attached that runs all the way down the leading edge to the main tanks. Uses a little transfer pump to pump the fuel into the main.
Jim

Back