What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skytronics Aero-Lite Ignition Harnesses

Brantel

Well Known Member
The ignition harnesses that came with my engine were a little ragged around the edges so I decided I was going to replace them.

After searching the web for the options, I decided to give the Skytronics Aero-Lite harnesses a try. I wanted the new harnesses to have a protective covering over the wires unlike the originals.

I was a little leery due to the low cost of these compared to others but I must say that after checking them out, I think they are a great value! They are almost 1/2 the cost of the Slick originals with no outer covering.

The kit comes with two harnesses, preinstalled slick mag caps and a bag full of install hardware like high temp adel clamps etc.

Two Thumbs Up!

skytronicsHarness.jpg

I'll happily second Brian's statements. My Aero-Lite harness has been running strong for two years now and looks every bit as good now as the day it was installed. Excellent product with excellent support. I only know about the support end of the equation because I called the manufacturer and asked questions before placing my order. The questions were answered professionally and fully, and actually resulted in me buying a less expensive harness than what I originally thought I needed.

I used there harness on the RV-6A I finished in 1993. It has had a different owner since 1998 so I can't comment on the long term durability but it held up great for the first 5 years. At that time they had a great warranty. I believe it was guaranteed to TBO or they would fix/replace it.
I would not hesitate to use one again.

Back