What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fun with APRS art

Oh wow! Bob. I see that sky writing with APRS has the same problem as an etch-a-sketch - the pen goes down once and you can't lift it off. :eek:

An on-off switch will take care of that problem. I have a switch installed in my -9 and will give it a try soon as the weather improves. Looks like that won't be for a couple days, though. :(

An on-off switch will take care of that problem. I have a switch installed in my -9 and will give it a try soon as the weather improves. Looks like that won't be for a couple days, though. :(

Looks like we have the same weather system keeping us down.

I think I will try switching the unit on just before the "art" begins. Not sure if there is a lag time to assure getting the first points plotted due to the GPS or if that is even an issue. I guess it'll be experimental! Now, just how would I go about drawing a Thanksgiving turkey? :)

Mike

I think that using the on/off switch would just have aprs.fi connecting the dots...like when you lose signal. Anyway, it was fun thinking about it and deciding which ground ref points to use as turn marks...I'll do better next time!

The scribbles on and below the "Bob" occurred on climbout when I was just out yankin and bankin...I didn't realize that occurred in the same place I did my "sky writing"...

Back