What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Paint shop in TN

penguin

Well Known Member
Patron
A little while ago Doug posted an item about a paint shop in TN that has recently finished an RV. I can't find that story and would really like to find the phone number. Can anyone send me a link or phone number?

Pete

painting in TN

I know that Lohle Aircraft does painting in Tullahoma. Does really great work from what I hear. Google "Lohle Paint" and it should come up.

Loehle

That's "Loehle" as in Mike Loehle. His web site is here. In the last Rvator, Mike wrote an article about painting at the request of Van himself.
Don't know anything about him myself other than he's been selling kit aircraft and homebuilding products for more than 30 years, so he must be doing something right if he's making a living fooling with airplanes.
I don't know if this is what you were looking for but maybe it helps. His web page talks about paint classes and paint for sale. I'm not sure if he actually offers painting services or not. YMMV.
Don

Last edited:
painting

Loehle has gotten away from classes from what they told me a couple of months. They are doing paint jobs. They were just then finishing up a -10 as I recall. I don't think I want to pay for a pro paint job but I'm gonna buy the paint from them and get somebody who does painting on the side near me to shoot it.
Loehles seem like really nice folks.

Back