What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F1 Rocket Double Take

rv6rick

Well Known Member
I'm loving my new F1 Rocket so much that I bought another one :eek:.

Mark isn't producing any Rocket kits for the time being so I figured if one was available that I'd better jump on it.

Yup.....my (2nd) brand spankin' new F1 Rocket kit has been sitting in my garage since this past Thursday at 9am. I have some chores to finish up and will begin construction full time ('cept Sundays of course) later this week. Look for another F1 Rocket 1st flight in about 10 months!

Let the rivet poundin' begin....again :D!!

Everything's for sale :).

Last edited:
If you need any help flying it just let me know!

Any ideas on the paint scheme? Do I smell a twin?

Welcome to the "Double Take" club!

I know a guy who has a Viper Jet kit for sale real cheap if you want more of a challenge.

I want your job...

Good luck!

It's not a 'job'...it's an 'adventure'....you can come over and help anytime you like :).

If you need any help flying it just let me know!

Any ideas on the paint scheme? Do I smell a twin?

You'll be the 1st one I call :). Funny you should ask. The paint is always the last thing to come to me.....my kids usually come up with the scheme. I like the airbrushed checkerboards and ghost flames so much that I might just do one in metallic blue or green. So, yes....a 'different color twin' could be a strong possibility.

You are a sick man Mr. Rick:D A very, very sick man.

Danny

So I've been told :eek:. When I was building my newly finished F1 I said that I would 'never' build another one. I put 1200hrs into my RV10 and 2400hrs into the Rocket (twice the time for half the seats). That said....when I look at the finished product in the hangar.....and even more so when I fly it, I realize that there aren't enough of these babies to go around :D.

I think you need help that can't be provided on this board!:rolleyes:

See above....I dunno'....I think being out in the garage all day with my Yellow Lab listening to PBR on the radio is some pretty good therapy :).

Welcome to the "Double Take" club!

I know a guy who has a Viper Jet kit for sale real cheap if you want more of a challenge.

Thanks Randy, just following your lead (ha ha)....it's a VERY small club led by a great guy up in Canada....no need to mention his name as we all know who I'm talking about :). I'm probably close to him on total builds but I'll never catch him on Rockets :eek:. I wonder how many 'Rocket' repeat offenders there are??

BTW....When I opened up the empennage box today I found a brand new set of YOUR lead counterweights. My wife will thank YOU when I don't stink up the kitchen melting lead ingots for the counterweights in a few weeks!!

Last edited:
Back