What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wings Over Marietta Airshow this weekend...

The last time the T-birds were here, my understanding was that the base commander decided that the airshow wouldn't have civilian aircraft on static display unless they were warbirds. I think that is still the case.

In bygone days, members of our EAA chapter flew in several aircraft for static display.

Any other place to see RV's nearby?

Ahhh, Is there ever an Airport Day, Open House, or Fly -In at RYY or VPC? What's tha deal w/ Etowah Bend? Anyway, Thanks for the info Kyle. I'm almost to the canoe stage of my fuse. It's getting exciting....

Etowah Bend

Ahhh, Is there ever an Airport Day, Open House, or Fly -In at RYY or VPC? What's tha deal w/ Etowah Bend? Anyway, Thanks for the info Kyle. I'm almost to the canoe stage of my fuse. It's getting exciting....

Etowah Bend was an active glider club in the late 80's - late 1990's. It is owned by a private individual that ran the club back then. All parties have moved on to other things. The owner still has some airplanes there now, but no real public activity. It's a beautiful place! Like many others - houses are growing up around it.

Jere Rosser, Mike Fouts and Mike DeMarino all had their RV's at the airshow this weekend. My understanding is this is by invitation only.

Thanks Guys!

It was a great show this weekend. To see the F/A22 in action, up close, was awesome. Now, I have to get back to work on this fuselage.....

I enjoyed the air show too, but my feet hurt from standing in line to board busses. We stood in line nearly 2 hours getting to the base, missing the first parts of the show. We stood in line for a solid hour on the way out.

I enjoyed the air show too, but my feet hurt from standing in line to board busses. We stood in line nearly 2 hours getting to the base, missing the first parts of the show. We stood in line for a solid hour on the way out.

SWMBO and I made a 30 minute visit to the show. We parked at the Burlington Coat Factory near the corner of Hwy 41 and Terrell Mill and walked down to Hwy 41 in front of one of the car dealerships to observe the show. We only watched the f-22 and Heritage flight, then back into the car and we were gone.

That approach won't work if you have to see the static displays and/or watch from show center, but it is really convenient if you just want to see a specific act or two and don't want for the show to be an all-day affair.

Back