What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Weathermeister - Changes on Mobile Browsers?

the_other_dougreeves

Well Known Member
I've noticed a change in how Weathermeister looks on my Blackberry's browser. Gone is the simple, textual screen that was unique to the mobile browser - I only got that then loading it over my phone. I now get the standard page with the user-selectable layouts.

Has anyone else seen this change? I suppose the best thing to do is to make a new layout for the blackberry, but I didn't know if there was an easier setting to toggle.

Thanks,
TODR

PS - If you don't subscribe to WM, give it a try. Great stuff.

I honestly can't tell you if it has changed or not Doug, because I never really spent much time using WM on my Blackberry, but I used it a it this weekend, and it looked good to me - graphics included!

Paul

Blackberry

Doug,
No change for me in the last 2 weeks. My blackberry did die and the new one works just like the old. Hope this helps.

I've noticed a change in how Weathermeister looks on my Blackberry's browser. Gone is the simple, textual screen that was unique to the mobile browser - I only got that then loading it over my phone. I now get the standard page with the user-selectable layouts.

Has anyone else seen this change? I suppose the best thing to do is to make a new layout for the blackberry, but I didn't know if there was an easier setting to toggle.

Thanks,
TODR

PS - If you don't subscribe to WM, give it a try. Great stuff.

Doug,

There was a temporary issue with the mobile site after a recent addition/upgrade to the server cluster. If you try it again on your handset, you should see the normal "Mobile Edition" view now.

It should be pretty well set up for all BlackBerry handsets, whether using the default browser or Opera Mini (which I recommend using if you can). The iPhone also works well.

In the future, please email [email protected] directly if you have any issues. I don't monitor this forum on a regular basis -- thanks to a friend who pointed me at this thread.

Dan

Doug,

There was a temporary issue with the mobile site after a recent addition/upgrade to the server cluster. If you try it again on your handset, you should see the normal "Mobile Edition" view now.

It should be pretty well set up for all BlackBerry handsets, whether using the default browser or Opera Mini (which I recommend using if you can). The iPhone also works well.
Yes, the lower bandwidth site is back up. The normal site is good too - for the few days that I got to experiment with it - but it can take a while to load and the graphics are hard to read on the BB. The text-only site loads quickly and if formatted for the mobile browsers.

Thanks again for a great product.

TODR

Back