What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any news on Dynon AP

647jc

Well Known Member
Was hoping for a late summer delivery of the AP, now it's looking like fall? Anyone heard anything on a delivery schedule, got to be getting close I would think.

I have been checking Dynon's Support Forum, no new news there that I could find. Was hoping User 'dynonsupport' might have some words of encouragement to share.

lol - it is the same person(s) as frequents their board.

They are really quite good - when they have news to announce I'm sure they will not delay.

My guess? Silence = a few bugs found in the Beta testing that they are ironing out on a private section of the forum we can't see.

It's all a normal part of the software development process - and in this case, there is also hardware to consider.

FWIW, Dynon was saying back at OSH that the hardware is done....they are only working on firmware changes. Of course that is all subject to change if they did actually find bugs in the hardware. From all accounts the beta testing is going well and the guys that are flying it are really enjoying it.

There are no hardware bugs. We do have the hardware done, and have a bunch of them on the shelf ready to ship.

What we are waiting for and still testing is software. The servos have software in them, so we can't ship them until we have software that we trust. We are getting very close to that point and expect to have an announcement in a few days of when we will be shipping.

Overall, the testing is going well, but did take a bit longer than estimated, as always seems to happen.

Thanks for the update

We are getting very close to that point and expect to have an announcement in a few days of when we will be shipping.

Thanks much for the response, was hoping the ship date was near.

Just a note that we've started shipping autopilot servos/mounting kits/AP74 units ahead of the firmware update to actually turn our screens into the full-fledged autopilot. This will let customers pre-install hardware if they wish. We expect to have the accompanying firmware update sometime in November.

See www.dynonavionics.com for full details.

Back