What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Zealand, new member...

hohocc

Well Known Member
Hi folks, I'm in christchurch nz and have got a 6 empennage and wing kit on the way. No doubt I'll be seeking advice on here from time to time, in the meantime I'd be interested in making contact with any other rv builders in nz, particularly in the south island.
Cheers,
Craig Clapham

Welcome welcome

Hi Craig. Welcome to the forums. Lots of great people and great advice in here. Especially for us folks stuck down here on the bottom of the world! There are a few builders in NZ and the SAA list is a good place to start (should have received the list/directory when you joined SAA; if you haven't then you should).
Cheers,

Hey for you guys down there, if you fly upside down, does that mean you are right side up?

Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome gents. Bill I'll have to put the thinking cap on re right side up or upside down, sounds a bit like one of those glass is half full or half empty things...
Jeff I haven't joined SAA yet but it's on the (long) list of things to do. Have seen your website, very impressed. I spend the occasional night in hams with work so may track you and your project down sometime for a closer look if that suits.
Craig.

RV6 owner from Paraparaumu

Hi mate,

Jeff and I are frequent visitors to the forum. Get in touch if you have questions. Did you say RV '6'? Where did you get it from?

Np problem

Thanks for the welcome gents. Bill I'll have to put the thinking cap on re right side up or upside down, sounds a bit like one of those glass is half full or half empty things...
Jeff I haven't joined SAA yet but it's on the (long) list of things to do. Have seen your website, very impressed. I spend the occasional night in hams with work so may track you and your project down sometime for a closer look if that suits.
Craig.

No problem Craig. Any RV builder or wannabe is welcome here. If you come up this way, PM me and we'll get together. Definitely join the SAA and they will send you a complete directory of NZ builders with contact details.

Not sure :-O

Hey for you guys down there, if you fly upside down, does that mean you are right side up?

Not sure Bill. I'm from the UK so you can only imagine how confusing it is for me down here. The blood has no idea whether to rush to my head or my feet so just kind of mills around in the middle :p. I plan on inverted fuel & oil so it doesn't matter either way :D

Gidday Leonard,
I've bought an unstarted 6 empennage and wing kit from a chap in Auckland, in fact he still has it, but give it a week or so and I'll have it in my tender care! Then it'll be getting some tools, setting up jigs etc... Can't wait!
Craig

Back