What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Future Home-Many RV's/GA needs your help

LifeofReiley

Well Known Member
(Austin, TX) Future Home-Many RV's/GA needs your help

BIRD'S NEST ALERT!!

Dear Austin Pilots:

As you well know, the Austin area has been desperate to have its own General Aviation airport since the closing of Robert Mueller Airport in 1999. Over the last decade, there have been many attempts to establish a GA airport in the Austin area. As a pilot and private developer, I have witnessed the closing of Mueller and many other airports throughout the United States with great concern. To this end, I have dedicated my personal resources to rebuild and upgrade Bird's Nest located just northeast of Austin.

For the past year, I have worked to renovate the airport, with plans to build a new and longer runway. Having passed all requirements, including environmental concerns, we are at a standstill and we need your help.

The last step before we can begin construction on the new Bird's Nest runway is to obtain a variance permit from the Zoning and Platting Commission. A final hearing will take place at 6 PM, Tuesday, September 16 at 301 West Second Street, 78701 in Austin.

As a pilot, you understand the importance of this hearing to establish Bird's Nest and offer a much-needed facility in the Austin area. I need you to show your support for this airport by being present at the meeting and indicating your vote of approval on the "sign in" sheet that will be present at the door.

If you ever wanted a General Aviation Airport in Austin, it is critical that you attend this meeting and show your support.

If you need more information or want to confirm that you will be there, please call Arlene Wohlgemuth at 512-740-0088 or email her at [email protected]

On behalf of myself and everyone who has worked so hard to get this airport built, thank you in advance. I hope to see you at 6 PM on Tuesday the 16th at 301 West Second Street.

Sincerely, Ron Henriksen

-----------------------------------

Folks,

You have complained for a decade now about not having a good GA airport in Austin. Now is your chance to get out of your easy chair and show Mr. Henriksen what Central Texas pilots are made of.

Call a friend, forward this email,

GET TO THE AUSTIN CITY HALL ON TUESDAY!!! 6 PM. SIGN UP TO SPEAK. YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPEAK, BUT YOU CAN FORWARD YOUR TIME TO SOMEONE ELSE!! WE NEED BODIES IN LARGE NUMBERS.

See you there!!!

Jay Carpenter
Secretary - Texas Aviation Association
[email protected]
512-453-5111
WWW.TXAA.ORG

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad the short notice! Hey: there might be a number of pilots outside of Austin that would be willing to fly in if they could get a ride to the meeting. If feasible, why not post a nearby airport (oh, that's what you're trying to create:rolleyes:) and have a car or two shuttling incoming pilots.

Too bad the short notice! Hey: there might be a number of pilots outside of Austin that would be willing to fly in if they could get a ride to the meeting. If feasible, why not post a nearby airport (oh, that's what you're trying to create:rolleyes:) and have a car or two shuttling incoming pilots.

We will do what we can to help pilots get to the meeting, of course we will need some advance notice. If you're in the Austin area, stop on by for GA sake.

late notice

Sorry but i just now read this.. I'm a pilot living in austin and would have been there.. I hope it went well.

jeff h
breakaway park

Update?

Can someone post an official update on this subject?
I've heard some good news about the meeting, but someone who went to the meeting might like to add some first hand knowledge.

Back