What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Delivery time for the wings

Flyinizit

I'm New Here
Can you give me an idea of the time frame from order to delivery is for the wings, I ordered kit No.120. Thanks

Wing Kit #105

I talked to Van's Kit Delivery Dept yesterday to see if my wing kit #105 was going to be shipped this week as my original paperwork stated. The answer is no! Van's is still having trouble getting the spars from their outside vendor. The Kit Delivery Dept indicated that my kit shipping date would be 1 to 2 weeks later than my previous paperwork indicated. N712BK reserved but nothing to paint it on. Bummer, now I am going to have to cut down on my caffine also! Bob Kibby N722BK Discus-2T sailplane, N712BK RV-12 in waiting.

Wings time frame

Just for everyones info I ordered my kit Yesterday and I have been told 8 Weeks.

Jim.
Vic
Australia

Wing Kit #105 delivery anticipated

Paper work received today from Van's says that my wing kit #105 was shipped via motor freight on 9/5/08. I also got a call today from ABF Shipping that says that they will deliver my wing kit to my Arlington, Texas address on 9/12/08. The shipping paper work also says that the weight of the shipped kit is 357 lbs. The call from ABF shippping also said that I need a helper to unload the wing kit/s. I think that the wing kit is packed in two boxes, so a word to the wise would be to get someone to help you unload and store the wing kit.

Good timing because our soaring weather has turned to mush in the DFW area.

Kibby "2BK"

I think my wing kit is number 140.

Expect at least 8 Weeks before avail for delivery to AUS. Still trying to think how Im getting it to Australia.

Cheers,

Jim

Jim,

Give us a yell we pack in Portland, OR and can pick up from VANS and arange for packing and shipping in one of our containers. We ship regularly to Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney.

Cheers,

Phil

Wing Kit # 119

ABF called today and said that I could pick up my wing kit on Tuesday morning, Sept 30. I'm having it held at the Paducah KY terminal and saved almost $100 in the process.

Things are starting to get exciting!!!

Tom

Back