What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Adhesive for Interior Panels

Capflyer

Well Known Member
I tried with miserable results to use 3M 77 spray adhesive to attach my interior panels that are vinyl covered corrugated plastic boards. The vinyl sticks great with the spray glue to the plastic but will not stay attached to the aluminum.

What are others using to attach their interior panels to the aluminum that will not corrode it over time?

hummmm...

I had the same problem. I hope that the Shoe Goo that I used won't effect the AL.

Kent

Airtex

I tried with miserable results to use 3M 77 spray adhesive to attach my interior panels that are vinyl covered corrugated plastic boards. The vinyl sticks great with the spray glue to the plastic but will not stay attached to the aluminum.

What are others using to attach their interior panels to the aluminum that will not corrode it over time?
Airtex trim adhesive works great.

DURASEAM TRIM CEMENT

Bottom of the page.... http://www.airtexinteriors.com/catalogue/misc.htm

It's a old style contact cement full of VOCs... which seems to be better than the newer stuff you can buy at the hardware store...:)

It's even made for airplanes, and works well on the vinyl of my Tiger in the AZ heat.

Adhesive backed self stick velcro strips.

By the way, clean the alum with mek, or acetone first.

Are you gluing these panels to the skins or to Velcro pads so they can be removed for future inspection?

There is a chance that by gluing your covering right to the aluminum, you could trap water, oil, and dirt there causing future problems.

By mounting them on Vecro tabs, you can remove the covering for inspectiona and future wire runs.

Just a thought.

Back