What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Certificate pouches

MLaseter

Any one know where you can buy a nice pouch to hold you Airworthiness certificate and registration. I have found some stuff at the office supply store but it all looks cheap. I have checked Aircraft Spruce but have not been able to find anything.

I asked the same thing several months ago. The best thing I came up with is to go to your local arts-n-crafts store and pick up one of those really cheap 3.5x4" clear plastic photo holders with the bend in the end (allows a photo to slide in and stand it up on the desk.

Now take your band saw and lop off the little bend/ tab. Take a little glue and seal on long edge so certificates don't fall out the bottom. Add a little velcro to the back and you're done. Total cost is about $2. Looks good, costs less.

An FAA rep came out to my airport the other day to check out my -7A and see if I was worthy of receiving the repairman certificate. He mentioned something I didnt realize before: Your airworthyness certificate goes with your operating limitations - they should not be separated. So make sure to keep those in the pouch as well.

erich

ARROW

Registration and Weight and Balance also.

Remember ARROW

A Airworthiness
R Registration
R Radio license(no longer needed)
O Operating Limitations
W Weight and balance

I do beleive it is supposed to be mounted in plain sight. Not sure on that one though .

Ted

Where are folks mounting the holders in the cockpit?

FWIW:
The helicopters I work on in my day job (various manufacturers, both American and Euro-pean) have their certificate pouches mounted to the right side of the center console.

I'd say if you mount the pouch to the cockpit sidewall somewhere within arm's reach, you'll be OK. Opinion only, though... and worth every penny you paid for it. :D

Back