What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help, please.

azav8or

I am trying to drill the hs-801 through the hs-702 and hs-405 where they intersect at the hs-810 and 814. No matter how much I try, I can't get to where there will be enough edge distance on the 405 once the hole is drilled. Is there anything I can do to help with this?

Thanks, Joe.

Joe, what step in the plans are you working on? Looking at the plans and instructions isn't exactly clear on what you're trying to do.
Mike

Hi Joe, the idea is not to drill any rivet holes in any of the HS-405 flanges at first. Make centerlines on all flanges then insert it into the assy. and flute the rib to make it bend and pick up the center lines in the rivet holes. You may not get it exactly centered but you should be able to get acceptable E.D. all arround. If you drill the fwd or aft flange first then try to pick up the rest of the holes you may have the kind of trouble you mention. I'll try to post a pic of mine. It isn't completely riveted but you can see from the dimples that I was able to get good E.D. Hope this helps!

http://img330.imageshack.us/img330/5578/10303765nf.jpg

Brad

Back