What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fitting the Slider Plexi to the Frame

Rolly9

I am trying to fit the Slider Canopy to the Slider Frame. I have made some of the prilimanary cuts and the Frame is sitting on the Fuse with the Canopy resting on it. The book sez: Clamp and tape the canopy in position and start drilling to the frame bows, etc. Well, I am trying to figure out how to clamp and tape that #@$%&* while its on the fuse. Thx
Rolly

Rolly9 said:
I am trying to fit the Slider Canopy to the Slider Frame. I have made some of the prilimanary cuts and the Frame is sitting on the Fuse with the Canopy resting on it. The book sez: Clamp and tape the canopy in position and start drilling to the frame bows, etc. Well, I am trying to figure out how to clamp and tape that #@$%&* while its on the fuse. Thx
Rolly

Rolly,

Buy some spring clamps similar to the ones at this link:
http://www.adjustableclamp.com/sc-3250.htm
They are made out of plastic and the inside edges of the jaws are curved. The curved part will fit nicely around the canopy bows. The plastic tips swivel, so they will fit the contour of the plexiglass. I bought a bag of 14 of these type of clamps at Lowe's for about $10.00. I think they cost a bit more if you have to buy them individually. I found the smaller sizes worked best, but there were a few places where I used the larger sizes, too.
Hope this helps,

Mark

Back