What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Memorial Service for Bob Scott

jus10stephens

For those of you who don't know. Bob Scott was a pilot for many years that passed away in a Pitts accident on Saturday 07-19-08 in Cleveland TX. Bob was based out of Lake Waterwheel in Shepherd TX which is a private strip north of Houston. Bob loved aviation and was inspiring to watch when he strapped on his Pitts. If I make it to my 80's I hope I am half the pilot he was. Bobs memorial service will be this Saturday 07-26-08 in the terminal building at the Cleveland TX airport at 11:00. The identifier is 6R3. All are invited to attend.

Also, if anybody in the Houston area knows of somebody with a cub or something similar that is low and slow who would be willing to take one of Bobs friends up to sprinkle his ashes out during the service please let me know.

One other thing, if someone from the Conroe RV group could contact me we would like to see if we could arrange for a few of you to fly a missing man formation for the service as well.

Thanks to all of you and have a good day.

Justin, Sorry to hear about your friend, 88 years is a good life. I guess he went doing what he loved. I recently was shooting some approaches at Cleveland with my instructor with a crosswind. Wow, does that wind roll off those trees. It was all I wanted. Are you and Mickey going to the memorial?

I will try to see if their is any interest in the group at Conroe to do the flyover.

Thanks for your help. Mickey and I are planning on attending but at the moment I cannot confirm. I will know more about my schedule on thursday.

Take care and be safe.

Back