What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Todds Canopies

Bartman

Well Known Member
I just want to put in a word or two about Todds Canopies. I called him June 30 talked to him for about 15min put a check in the mail, Boom! 14 days from the time I put the check in the mail a truck pulls up to my hanger/home. The driver says a got a big box for you, I thought he had the wrong hangar. I had no idea it was my canopie. Great Service

Now, if we could just get him to make a side-by-side canopy.
I have been pestering him. No luck yet.

Side by side canopy from Todd's

Now, if we could just get him to make a side-by-side canopy.
I have been pestering him. No luck yet.

I saw one of Todd's canopies on an RV8 a few years ago and was very impressed. Has anyone talked to him lately about making a canopy for an RV7? I plan on calling him Monday but I thought I'd check here first.

Just takes money

Tandem canopies are free blown, while side-by-side are pulled over a plug. Offer to pay Todd for the tooling costs and I'll bet he'll make anything you want. Shouldn't be more than 10K for a good plug.

Tony

We're planning to use Todd for the Skylark canopies, and they're side-by-side. I'm sure he could be coerced to build 6/7/9 canopies, too.

Todd's Canopies

I installed a Todd's Canopy on the RV-8. It was a really great piece of equipment. If he was making Canopy's for the RV-7 I would ship my Van's canopy back, take the re-stocking fee hit and shipping hit and buy a Todd's Canopy for the RV-7 at the drop of a hat. Would even drop my Van's hat myself.

Back