What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fix a Navaid AP-1, or get a new model

Wizz

I'm New Here
My Navaid AP-1 went bust - gyro, I believe - and with navaid being out of busienss, I'm wondering if anyone knows a good shop for repairs.
Or should I just punt and get a new one?
Wizz

I would look at getting the Trio Ez-pilot. Fantastic autopilot which should work fine with your servo. Give 'em a call.

My Navaid AP-1 went bust - gyro, I believe - and with navaid being out of busienss, I'm wondering if anyone knows a good shop for repairs.
Wizz

You can get a new Trio EZ Pilot, install it in the same panel hole, and still use the same servo if it's working. This A/P does much more than the Navaid. Connects to a handheld or panel GPS. Check on pricing, if keeping your old servo.

http://www.steinair.com/trio.htm

L.Adamson

edit: I see that three of us are typing replies about the same time.... :)

Wizz

Just want to confirm--Navaid has closed the doors?

Dittos on the Trio EZ-Pilot, it works great with the Navaid servo and has far more features and performance than the Navaid and the Trio guys offer superb support. I was told TruTrak has discontinued their Navaid-compatible version of the DigiTrak.

Hmmm, both numbers are temporarily disconnected....

Any locals down there know how to get a hold of Horace? If so I'd like get some extra gyros, IIRC they were pretty inexpensive.

I stand corrected (or updated) ...

Unfortunately, due to continued problems with Navaid servos, we have discontinued our Digitrak-N model. We do offer a few inexpensive roll axis only autopilots however.

To the OP, give us a call with any questions. Thanks!

They **USED** to have a compatible product. As everyone else said, if not used, then TRIO!!!:D

James

You want one for free?

I have a navaid gyro-head w/porcine coupler used for 300 hours that I would give away. I'll even pay the postage. Worked like new when removed. No servo included, just the head.

Wizz First

81T, Since I offered it to Wizz first he gets first stab. If he don't want it, it's yours.

Back