What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Indy Car Museum Trip

Great write-up. With the 24 hours of LeMans this past weekend, it's revived my desire to hit all the major auto racing museums I can.

They have a great museum at LeMans (with an airport next door to the permanent part of the circuit). Any RVers get there? :D

TODR

LeMans

Great write-up. With the 24 hours of LeMans this past weekend, it's revived my desire to hit all the major auto racing museums I can.

They have a great museum at LeMans (with an airport next door to the permanent part of the circuit). Any RVers get there? :D

TODR

I've never been there but would like to go. Disappointed Peugeot, clearly the fastest cars there ended up not winning. 2,3,5.

I've never been there but would like to go. Disappointed Peugeot, clearly the fastest cars there ended up not winning. 2,3,5.
Yep. LeMans isn't always about outright speed, but consistency, durability and robust designs. Recall the "quick change" design of the R8's rear end, where the entire gearbox and rear suspension could be changed in about 5 minutes (and it was quickly outlawed by the ACO).

If it hadn't rained, the Puegots would have probably won. Audi was better prepared as a team.

On a slightly different note, the Puegot 908s did get some rather spectacular real-world crash testing, both at LeMans and earlier this year in the LES. It speaks volumes towards the ability of composites to protect the occupant(s).

TODR

Back