What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy closed side shot

Dirtbos

Does anyone have a decent side shot of the red rv-12 with the canopy closed? There is a photo in the new Sport Pilot magazine but it is quite small (my old eyes need help). If anyone has one, please share it (or point me to a link). :)

Mike

Thanks Marty

I appreciate the link.

The aircraft appears to have decent lines. I would bet, judging from the pilot's location Vs. the wings, that visibility in all directions is very good.

I plan to make the trip to Van's factory sometime in July or August (hopefully sooner than later). Can't wait to see it in person.

Thanks again, :D
Mike

Thanks Mike

You and Marty have been very helpful.

It appears as though Van's improved the canopy profile a bit on the red one. I recall reading that the yellow plane's canopy was made up of one that was "just lying around".

It is a sweet looking little aircraft. From the looks of the wear pattern in the grass, it must have had a lot of people around it at Sun-N Fun. You were lucky to get a great clear shot like this one.

Thanks again to both of you. :)

Mike

great desktop background

I did a couple of resizing copies until I got it just right for my desktop wallpaper.

It is a great photo. ;)

The more I look at it, the more it "grows" on me. Van's should post some shots like this on their website.

Got to have one, soon. :D

Mike

Mike - more great photos

I did not realize that Van's had put an updated canopy on the yellow bird. A definite improvement.

Your other aircraft photos are very good also. I'm going to have to make Sun-N-Fun or Oshkosh one of these days.

Thanks again, :)
Mike

Back