What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Eagle Engines/American Propeller

Craig23

Well Known Member
Hello All,

I ordered my engine and prop from Eagle Engines/American Propeller in Redding, CA this Spring. I had some delays on the engine that were caused by supply problems from Superior. The engine and prop are now done and will be shipped soon. The people at Eagle Engines have been great to deal with all along, from the staff answering the phones to Bob Honig in sales, James in the engine shop, and Kevin in the prop shop. They kept me updated on the status of my order and were very helpful each time I called. They also offered an outstanding deal on P-Mags at Sun and Fun this year. They have been a pleasure to deal with and I can't wait to see my new engine and Whirlwind 200RV prop. I'll keep you posted once it all arrives.

Good Folks

Craig - You are dead on regarding Eagle Engines. Bob and James have been stellar to deal with. I bought my IO360 from them. Port flow matched, balanced, and Parker luberized. MT CS from them too (no AD's or speed restrictions).

Installation went quite easily. One tip - If you have the slick mags, the cap is rotated 90 degrees different than the diagram in the manual. Plug nuts are properly labeled and if you turn your book 90 degrees, the plug wire orientation match.

If you get your prop from them, the spinner is ready to mount. Be sure to note the prop is labeled for blade 1 or 2. You spinner back plate and hub are numbered to match. I didn't notice that at first but had a 50/50 chance and got lucky first mount.

I can't speak about Eagle Engines, but Kevin and American Propeller in general are top notch.

Guy

Last edited:
Right on guys, They are great people. I hope to fire mine up next week. Should have been 3 months ago but stuff happened. Larry

Thanks for the info Webb

I have one P-Mag and one Slick mag. It's an IO-360 B1B. I'm really looking forward to getting the engine hung. My canopy is cut and going on now, so it is getting pretty motivating to look at.

Eagle engines

I also have an Eagle o-360 in my 8A, great company. Only problem was solved by installing fine wire plugs. My engine, 10:1 pistons, would load up and run rough during initial takeoff run, however, it would clean out prior to lift off and perform normaly thereafter. Leaning did not seem to help, fine wires did the trick.
Dick

Eagle Engines Experience

I bought a Superior Eng from Eagle.
Very Happy and James is great to work with.

Back