What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Truckee Hangar Space

Mike Macon

Well Known Member
Patron
I will be working in the Truckee area July through October. Does anyone have a hangar to rent, share or any ideas? I can not leave her out in the elements.

Last edited:
Space at Reno-Stead

Mike,

I just saw your post, and if you've not found space at TRK, I have room for you at 4SD (Reno-Stead). It's about an hour drive from TRK, which may or may not work for you, but figure I'd make the offer!

40x50 hangar with two RV-6s in it. Room for your RV no problema, and my lease partner will likely be moving his plane to CA for a few months, and he'll be doing a little work on a Europa glider in a small part of the hangar while his RV is away from the nest. Good room either way, and both of us are very easy to get along with and are very cautious about hangar rash.

1/3 split on rent is $175/mo, and we're open to any period of time you need (M to M, long or short, and we'll prorate for ya as needed). Lemme know!

Cheers,
Bob Mills
"Rocket" RV-6
N600SS
4SD

Bob,

I am in Reno and am getting close to finishing up my 9A and am looking for hangar space to do the final assembly in August (well, probably September or maybe even October). Been looking for hangar space at 4SD for months now with not much luck (my 172 is tied down there also). Let me know if you are willing and there is space to do this assembly work (and if Mike doesn't take it).

thanks,
greg arehart
arehart at unr.edu
327-4125

Hanger Space in TRK

Bob, thanks for the offer. My plane would have been proud to share space with a "Super Six". I found a hangar at TRK with an RV8 builder using RVadmirer's suggestion.

Maybe you and Greg will work something out.

I would like to take a look at your plane during the Air Races or sooner if I get a chance.

Gotta love this site.

Last edited:
Mike and Greg...

Mike,

Copy all and glad you found a place at TRK! C'mon down any time for a visit (775) 544-3511, and I'll give you a holler if I go for a $100 burger in TRK!

Greg,

Probably should have you come over for a look at the hangar and let you determine if its adequate (should be, but figure you will want to check it out). I'm out of town tomorrow (Friday) through Monday, but I'll be there next week Tu, We & Th. Call any time at the number above, and we'll set something up!

Cheers,
Bob

Back