What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Superior bankrupt ??

rv72004

Well Known Member
I heard some rumors that with Thielert gone bust, Superior is at risk as it is owned by above. I dont see why a perfectly good co might be closed .
Can someone comment ?

From what i have understood it was only the diesel division that took the financial hit and that mediators are in there trying to get the company solvent again. I think Superior is just one of three companies owned by Thielert and the only one upside down is the one company.

I dont see why a perfectly good co might be closed .

It is way too early to say that a company will need to close if they go BK. It may be just a Chapter 13 re-organization, no need speculate on plant closings or start internet rumors.

Thielert is HISTORY. Who would want and engine where you had to return the gear drive every 300 hours and engine every 1200. Never made sense. Operating cost is higher than running a turbine. I feel sorry for the Diamond Aircraft owners (800 or so) that bought into this mess. Hopefully Superior will spin off and survive.

It is way too early to say that a company will need to close if they go BK. It may be just a Chapter 13 re-organization, no need speculate on plant closings or start internet rumors.

Dont want to start rumours , just share whats been said out there. I have one on my plane and am very happy. Would hate false rumours to start and think that the informed ones on this site would put this to sleep quickly if its false.

Thielert is HISTORY. Who would want and engine where you had to return the gear drive every 300 hours and engine every 1200. Never made sense. Operating cost is higher than running a turbine. I feel sorry for the Diamond Aircraft owners (800 or so) that bought into this mess. Hopefully Superior will spin off and survive.

+1 gotto agree

Back