What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Apollo GX series/ Trio autopilot question?

buz

Well Known Member
I recently had my Apollo GX-65 serviced by Garmin and put it back in the plane and now the Trio is not receiving GPS data. Does anyone remember if and where to enable the GPS to output this data?

I am away from my manuals to see if I made a note of this.

Thanks,

GX Series Serial Configuration

From page 25.

Serial Interface Configuration
The GX50/60/65 RS-232 serial ports can be configured for several input and output formats.
To select the serial port configurations:
1. In test mode, rotate the LARGE knob to the serial port configuration “CH RX TX” page.
2. Press SEL (the selection fields will start flashing), rotate the LARGE knob to select the port,
rotate the SMALL knob to select the desired configurations, then press ENT when complete.
The available serial port configurations are included in Appendix E.

Unable to paste appendix E here. My guess is that you will want one of the following settings.

ALTENC MOVMAP
Altitude encoder-converter data input, moving map data
output

ALTENC MAPCOM
Altitude encoder-converter data input, moving map data
output with SL40 comm data

I sent you a private message. If you email me your email address, I will send you the PDF version of the manual.

Jamie,
I have a GX60 coupled to a TruTrak, and the settings may be the same. If you get no joy on the other settings, please let me know and I will go out and take them off the GX60 and e-mail them to you . I would image they use the same settings, but I do not know.

[email protected]

Back