What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Saturday/Sunday flying Rough River

BlackRV7

Well Known Member
We are heading out tomorrow to Rough River 2i3 with arrival probably noonish. We are going to pitch a tent beside the airplane and pretty much just do nothing. We are not bringing any food, as we will just eat at the lodge. Course we are bringing some adult beverages of the grape and malt variety for Saturday. We would enjoy the company of any other RV'ers...we will have our River Rat T-shirts on.

For you not familiar with Rough River State Park, it has it's own runway, golf course, tennis, marina, hiking trails, lodge, miniature golf. Nice place to land, and literally never leave the park.

We are going to head back this way just whenever Sunday. My cell is 859 625-2844. Would enjoy the company.

R R

Sounds like a great place to go. Wife & I are headed to Pamlico Sound/Outer Banks of NC to visit friends. We hope to stop by Okracoke for lunch then on to Kitty Hawk on the way back to North Georgia Mon.

Keep throwing these trips out there, you might be surprised who shows up!:cool:

Rough River

Dana, just about anytime I would have come up to visit, but I am going to be putting in a privacy fence this weekend. Diggin post holes :-(

If you ever make it to Kentucky Dam state park, be sure to call Pattie's, they will pick you up and take you back. 2" Pork Chops
http://www.pattis-settlement.com/

Sikeston, MO is a must visit place also. Lambert's "Home of the Thrown Rolls"
http://www.throwedrolls.com/sikeston.html

Both places will serve you more food than you eat at one setting.

If you ever make it to Kentucky Dam state park, be sure to call Pattie's, they will pick you up and take you back. 2" Pork Chops
http://www.pattis-settlement.com/

Been to Lake Barkley but not Ky Dam. I have heard about those 2" Pork Chops!! makes my mouth water:eek: Got a great TeamRV video of the Thrown Rolls. Stop up by Sunday morning, blisters on hands and all.

Mannan, no doubt I'm going to keep throwing weekend flyouts out there and see what sticks. I've already told the gang around i39, don't expect Black Magic to be around on the weekends.................I'd be on the coast but I have a family "delivery", as in 38 weeks, I don't want to take a chance on missing. Sounds like you are also going to have a great weekend.

Last edited:
Don't forget Rough River is a 'dry' park....;)

Got that little "problem" addressed.;) Sorry for you from mid US west, with your weather blues, seems we have are going to suffer through severe clear "round these parts".

Gotta love these RV's

Keep Pounding..........IT'S WORTH IT!!:D

Blisters

I borrowed a post hole ager from a buddy to help dig my post holes today and he even showed up to help. We got 8 post holes dug and set in concrete. We ran into roots and I had to chop them out with the manual post hole digger, that cost me two big blisters that I need to go pop. We then got 5 sections of fence up. Sunday I've got to go to church and then come home and dig holes for 3 more post then set them in concrete. I'll wait till Monday to go get 5 more sections of fence and put them up and my fence will be done. Next Saturday weather permitting will be Fly day, KY Dam for breakfast and John C. Tune airport in Nashville, TN for lunch. Wooo hooo!!! I'll catch up with you, Dana somewhere soon :)

Back