What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The debate is resolved

Both at once.

TODR the other day mentioned that he has been flying an ASK-21 glider. Like many modern two-seat gliders the ASK-21 normally has both a nose wheel and a tail wheel and a main gear. I'm not sure about the 21 but a lot of these two seaters can use all three wheels on one flight, depending on loading. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schleicher_ASK_21

My dorky little PW-5 has a main gear, nose wheel, tail wheel, left tip wheel and right tip wheel, for a total of five. Got the bases pretty much covered.

Last edited:
All corners covered...

My dorky little PW-5 has a main gear, nose wheel, tail wheel, left tip wheel and right tip wheel, for a total of five. Got the bases pretty much covered.

...and if you don't balance correctly on the big one, you always have a wheel to fall on, no matter which end of the glider drops....:)

gil A - with a Mini-Nimbus with only two wheels (and I had to add the tail wheel...:)...) -- skids on the tips, and an expensive fiberglas repair if you use the nose...

Back