What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stan Nye, Pilot Forever

Pilot's Daughter!

I'm New Here
My father, Stan Nye, passed away last November after an aviation accident just north of Tucson, AZ, his residence for the last 39 years (longer than I have been alive!). He was in avionics for the last 50 years. Worked in and around airplanes (from avionics radio repairman in the Air Force to A & P Pilot) until his accident. He died doing what he loved. He will be missed, but not forgotten.
I have the happy task of finding a new home for his RV-6A Kit, that is what led me to this forum.
Thank you for having a place for RV'ers to hang out.
I look forward to meeting some nice people!
A Pilot's Daughter, Forever,
Jen

Pass along a dream

You should find peace in the fact you are passing his passion for aviation to someone else with the same desire.

Pilot

Jen:

My condolences. You wont find a nicer group of people than here on these forums.

Best wishes to you and yours.

Tucson

Jen, I am in Tucson, along with several other RV flyer's/builders. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know via PM.

I hate hearing of a loss... I see people pass away all the time in the news, but it really hits home much more when its a fellow pilot. My condolences to you, family, and friends... It sounds like he really lived life to the fullest.

Blue Skies Stan... :(

Jen,

My condolences.

Regarding the kit, you will get a much better response if you post some pictures and set a price. If you are not savvy about kits and tools, take one of the AZ RV'ers up on their offer to help an have them come by and help you price it. More than one opinion would be helpful.

Good luck selling the kit.

This is probably of little consolation, but he died doing what he loved best,......... besides his daughter of course. ;)

Welcome to VAF. Don't be a stranger, we could use another woman's opinion around here.

Now here's a thought

We need more lady builders..How about you?..:)

My sincere condolances for your loss.

Frank

Jen I'm sure he was proud

Over 50 years ago I was also a radio repairman (AFSC 30450) in the Air Force. Your father's name sounded familiar. I got down my old book from the class I graduated in from Scott Air Force Base but there are no names with the class photograph. We probably were not in the same class anyway but we were all very similar young men in the enlisted ranks. We would stop and watch the echelon of F-86Ds of the 85th Fighter Interceptor Squadron do their 360 overhead break to the left and marvel at the first guy bringing the plane around so tight to final that he appeared to be in a steady state turn until the roll out just before touchdown. I knew of no pilots in our ranks and none of us had much money so you father probably pulled himself up by his bootstraps into the pilot ranks with a lot of sacrifice and determination. I'm sure he was proud of what he had achieved and of you.

Bob Axsom

Last edited:
Kit details

I never knew Stan, but many of the older members of our airpark did.

In helping Jen sort through some of his stuff, he had a long and varied flying career... lots of old interesting items... some of which are probably destined for the local Pima Air Museum.

He even worked for Intermountain Airlines when Pinal Airpark had a spooky reputation....:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermountain_Airlines

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinal_Airpark

Anyone want any Convair 580 Pilot's Manuals?

See this thread for the kit details.

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=29752

gil A

Last edited:
Back