What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cut off the tab of right skin

I am have difficulty cutting off the tab on the right skin. I cannot believe the instructions says to do this.
I know others are past this, did you really do it? If so how does it mate up to the fuselage, one side being different that the other?
Thanks
Dave

If you don't cut it off you will not get a mate up. You don't have to do it when you finish the tailcone however. You can wait until you get ready to mate the tailcone to the fuselage.

Russ Daves
N710RV (Reserved) RV-10 on main gear (tailcone attached)
N65RV (RV-6A Sold)

Baggage door is on left side and needs the tab. No baggage door on right side so doesn't need the tab.

PJ
Fuselage

It seemed strange for me also, but the tab must go. As the last post stated, the tab on the left is for the baggage door. Most all the parts are mear images of each side when they are stamped and punched, so occasionaly you have to make some changes. Follow the directions to the"T" and you will do just fine. Have fun and good luck.

I have just started my wings. I love it all, fun fun!! :D

I think everyone looks at that instruction and their first reaction is ???? Then when you realise this is extra bracing for the baggage door cutout, you accept it. I did check 4 times before cutting the right side only!

Back