What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

In Dallas 5/10-5/11

mburch

Well Known Member
Patron
I'll be in northwest Dallas next weekend with a rental car and a few hours to kill. Anyone doing anything RV-related? Send me a PM, I'll buy lunch...

cheers,
mcb

Last edited:
Matt,
We'll be at Pecan Plantation Fly-In on Saturday down by Granbury, (weather permitting). Come out and see us on Sunday if you have time. If weather is bad, come out Saturday. We're strictly VFR!
You can see our bi-plane project and the new Garmin 495 in my -6. We're about 15 miles east of McKinney in Farmersville.
972-784-7544.

Last edited:
Thanks Mel. Turns out we'll be on the other side of the metro mess, pretty close to Hicks, so I probably won't have a chance to make it out your way this time. But we get down there a couple times a year, so there'll be another chance for you to show me what the Garmin can do. :)

cheers,
mcb

No mistake, I had it wrong initially and then edited it after checking with the wife. You'd think I would have learned by now to always check first... ;)

mcb

Pecan flyin

So if you are near Hicks, the Pecan flyin is about an hour drive south of Hicks. If you are interested in driving directions, reply with a PM and I will provide them. Pecan Planatation is a residential airpark that has a spring and fall flyin at which a lunch is served from 11 till 1. There are 25-30 RVs based at Pecan. It is usually well attended with lots of different planes flying in.

Check out this link to the local EAA chapter for more info.

http://www.eaa983.org/

No mistake, I had it wrong initially and then edited it after checking with the wife. You'd think I would have learned by now to always check first... ;)

mcb

We'll let it go this time... atleast it didnt involve a drill! :D I'm still waiting on that mistake to happen... Read twice, then read again... THEN drill! ;)

Back