What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Johnson Creek, Idaho

Jaypratt

Well Known Member
Mentor
The Idaho Back Country Fly In has been moved to June 20 - 22nd. 2008
The last two years there have been fires in August causing the event to be moved and canceled.
I hope some of you will mark this on your calendars and come out. This promises to be a fun time. JC is nose wheel friendly, no excuses.

Last edited:
got it my calendar, hope I can get away

thanks

can I show up in a citabria or cessna....if I park at the far end;)

Johnson Creek

That weekend is the Super Cub Fly-In at Johnson Creek. Is that what you are referring to or is there an RV backcountry fly-in on that weekend?

JC fly-in dates

Jay, I don't want to step on your toes, but if that weekend is for the super cub fly-in, then how about the next weekend? I know of 3 RVs that are already planning on being there June 28 & 29.
What ever works for you!

That weekend is the Super Cub Fly-In at Johnson Creek. Is that what you are referring to or is there an RV backcountry fly-in on that weekend?

The Backcountry Fly-in is predominately Supercubs and hosted by Supercub pilots, but all sorts of airplanes show up (and lots of them!), and it's a very fun group of pilots. When we were there in 2005 there were Cubs, Maules, RV's, C-XXX's,... :) ...you get the picture. A very fun and diverse group of flyers having a *whole* lot of fun.

Hope to be there, Jay, but if we can make it, it will probably be on Saturday through Monday or Tuesday, so save us a tie down, O.K.?

JC is a very popular strip. The Ogden Utah gang were last there in '06. We went up for the annual international harmonica festival (every first full weekend in Aug, but that's another story). Unknown to us it was the annual Cessna 180/185 gathering. The Cessna guys put on a nice feast Sat night. Everyone was invited.

Steve

Yup, the Cessna pilots really bring in the food, after all they do have the room. They generally bring in the whole kitchen.

North West Adventure

True, the Super Cub.org fly in is that weekend. Like McNab said it, JC is for anyone. Doug Danny and Ross have said they would try to make it. I have seen C-140s KitFox, Glasstars, an Apache, light airplanes I did not recognise,................
I would like my flying buddies to see the light, and think about a really fun and practical, second ride. What a great way to see lots of Cubs!

I am planing a 3 week adventure in Shooter, my exp super cub. Leaving June 10 for Larry Vettermans in SD, then Winifred, MT for the Missouri Breaks FLY IN June 13-15. Then-to Cavanaugh Bay on Priest Lake north Idaho. Then to Johnson Creek 19-22. After that I am open ,,, thinking Friday Harbor or Moab,, West Yellowstone,,,
I want to be back here Ft Worth around 30th of June

Last edited:
ooops looks like I'm out. While discussing fly-out schedules with the CFO, she reminded me that 6/14 was work day at the Cabin Creek Landing and we had already RSVP'd. :(

Let's see...apply sealer to the tower, spray weeds or Go to Johnson Creek. sometimes being a grownup sux.

Johnson Creek

Three RVs from FL have a tenative plan to be at JC for a night or two around the 28th...like Roger Ping mentioned. Hope to see you there, Roger.

Any changes on the dates? My son, Tony and I are thinking about coming out from Illinois in our -8 and can make either weekend.

If a person can only make one of the weekends, which one would be more fun?

Back