What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lead Time Data Point

lawspud

Just to give folks an idea of lead time and demand:

I ordered my wing kit on Tuesday 4/15. On Wednesday 4/16 I spoke with Van's about lead time. I was told that I was about "69th in line", but I didn't clarify if that meant that I was the 69th order or the 69th currently pending shipment. She told me that my lead time was about 10 weeks due to production, crating, and shipping constraints.

As an aside, I asked that they send my plans separately, and those arrived today. Very good service so far :)

Last edited:
Wing kit delivery

I spoke to Van's yesterday. I'm in the mid 30's, and he told me about 4 - 6 weeks. I'd say you were 69th in line based upon my conversation.

I also asked about the next kit. He said maybe 4 more weeks and it should be offered. The EMP is the next kit.

I was also told the wing kits were mainly delayed due to the main spars being made by another company, and that was causing the delay.

Hope this helps some.

John Bender

Wings take flight ...

I was told by Van's that I was # 3. I'm in Sarasota, FL and as of today no wings. (Wonder if that's serial number 3? ...Yellow, Red and me?)

Not that I'm ready for them anyway. I have to clean out my garage and build a wing rack and work bench. A couple of days ago I bought a $49.00, 24 volt battery powered Channelock drill at Sam's and a $38.00 Skil circular saw at Lowes. Hope to buy wood, sawhorses, screws and a couple lengths of berber carpet this afternoon at Home Depot. Received an E-mail from Avery Tools yesterday and they assured me an RV-12 tool kit is in the making and will be available very soon. (Gave them all a little business. :) )

Jim Cone, thanks for all your advice and RV-12 construction pictures you have posted. The little tips you gave us will come in very handy, I'm sure. I think we all really appreciate them.

While at SnF, Van told me he believed he could complete the wing kit in 2 weeks. (Going to take me much longer, I bet). Guess Van was correct!

Back