What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Acceleroto (aerobatics video)

groucho

Well Known Member
My latest is "Acceleroto" available here: http://www.thedukes.org/rv/video.html

Acceleroto.jpg

Enjoy!

Very nice - as usual - Bryan! Makes me want to go back out to the airport and fly some more....;)

Paul

Thanks Paul, makes me want to go flying too! Today's a lazy day though. I've been away from home for about 3 weeks. It's nice to just lounge around.

Aarrrgh!

Bryan...How could do this to me?

I been sick for a couple of weeks with some really bad head cold thing..went flying a week ago and totally nauseous during a simple loop...Nope, no acro for me.

So today was the day..beautiful WX, confident I got the VR's down and I was going to make the video of videos...

So what happened..On take off this biggest wasp I had ever seen crawls from behind the instrument panel and makes its way slowly up the inside of the canopy....Of course I'm going to do acro so I have nothing loose in the cockpit to squish it with...Spent half an hour on the ground...did I find it?

Of course not!

So I had run out of time by then so I came home...grrr..

And then I see you have done another video...Life is just not fair sometimes...:D

Frank

P.s ...Nice video..:)

Indeed

I wanted to try an upright spin from the top of a loop..I.e inverted...I have no idea what it will look like probably a snap roll thingy.

Now you meade yur new Video i'm definatley going to go film one of those!

Frank...

I wanted to try an upright spin from the top of a loop..I.e inverted...I have no idea what it will look like probably a snap roll thingy.

Now you meade yur new Video i'm definatley going to go film one of those!
Sounds fun! If you let it stabilize, it'll probably end up flopping upright. "Wheee!"

I think your right

Sounds fun! If you let it stabilize, it'll probably end up flopping upright. "Wheee!"

The invert spin will flip upright by itself..I have only done a max of just over one rotation (so far) inverted..so an upright I assume will almost certainly do the same.

Lets find out..:)

videos

Nothing better than a nicely done video of flying like that.
When someone say "why do you fly" or "why build a plane" or "why not do something normal like buy a harley, or a boat"..... it can all be summed up by showing a video like that. If they still "dont get it" there is no point in arguing. I could think of no better stress reliever, or fun time than going and enjoying a plane and good scenery.

Enjoy

Rick and Tanya.....way up north.

The only downside

I find in showing my videos is I often hear terms such as "daredevil" and "brave"....To me that sounds like irresponsibility.

I have a bit of a hard time cus while I like the attention and the fact my non flying friends are impressed, I don't like them to have any other perspective than one of the guy that takes proper safety precautions, is well trained and has the right equipment.

Either that or they just think I'm plain nuts..Well thats oK then...:)

Frank

Thanks guys...with all this talking about flying, I might have to go shoot some more video. Need more formation stuff!

Video

What a great video!! Cool. Keep 'em coming!

Will probably be limited to straight and level in my soon to be purchased and built RV-12. Guess I'll have to live vicariously thru your aerobatics.:)

Brian,

These videos are a great way of showing pilots and non-pilots (like my wife) the grace and beauty of flying (upside down), good job.

Great video as usual, Bryan. Was that a "ehhh, I'll take it" shrug at the 1:11 mark? :D

Last edited:
Great Videos.....

Groucho and Frank.... Your videos are awesome. I just can't build my -7 any faster. Someday I hope to be that comfortable doing acro.
Thanks guys for the inspiration...... Back to banging rivets!

Back