What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Label Maker For Panel

n824rv

I just purchased a P-Touch Label Maker and I plan on labeling my RV-7A panel with it. My panel is light grey and I plan on using TZ transparent tape with black lettering. For those of you who have used this method what size tape did you use 1/4" or 1/2" and any other helpful hints would be appreciated

I used some 1/2", 3/8" and 1/4". Mainly I used black with white lettering, mostly under the CBs. Most of the other items on the panel are already marked. I used yellow with black letters on caution type stuff (fuel switching, door latches). Seems to hold up well. The 1/2" and maybe the 3/8" stuff can be made with two lines of text.

Roberta

Instead of the P-Touch, try these:

http://siriusrocketry.com/siriusshopping/sirius01/index.html?loadfile=itemsirius_s-1002.html

You can test your labels with plain paper. When happy with what you have, print on decal sheet. You can use a word processor and any font on your PC.
When used as directed, and clearcoated, They will last a long time.

I use P-touch labels on hundreds of computers at work. They just don't stick to metal (painted or not) that well.

Greg Piney
RV-8 Gonnabe
Fall '05
Setting up shop now

P Touch tape size

FYI - I have a black panel and wanted white on transparent tape. It was only availale in 1/2". So after printing I simply took the scissors to the tape to get 1/4". Worked well, looks good, inexpensive, easy to replace or change, a struggle to align (aren't they all). No experience yet on longevity.

Back