What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bad WX in Texas!

groucho

Well Known Member
Alright, what is up with the bad weather here in the Ft Worth area today?!?! I'm supposed to be leaving from California in my -6 in about 12 hours on my cross-country Space Shuttle watching trip. BUT...my flight out of DFW got cancelled today because of SNOW.

Second snow storm in a week here!

I thought this global warming stuff was supposed to make it WARMER. Apparently an ice age is starting. :cool:

Alright, what is up with the bad weather here in the Ft Worth area today?!?! I'm supposed to be leaving from California in my -6 in about 12 hours on my cross-country Space Shuttle watching trip. BUT...my flight out of DFW got cancelled today because of SNOW.

Second snow storm in a week here!

I thought this global warming stuff was supposed to make it WARMER. Apparently an ice age is starting. :cool:

According to my thermometer we are currently experiencing severe cooling.
I had to shovel snow today and I live in TEXAS?!?!?!:confused: Gotta admit it is kinda nice to see another season once in a while and my idiot Chow mix thinks it is a blast to run around and play in it and then run back into the house.

Hey Groucho,

Launch southwest and come around the backside to Houston (you know, that little village to the SE of where you went to school...). We had thunderstorms through here this afternoon/evening, but at least it wasn't freezing! ;)

Paul

You just don't get it do you. Global warming means the earth is actually getting colder. The temperature is dropping because of global warming. :confused: My head hurts. Now I don't get it.:eek:

Last edited:
Launch southwest and come around the backside to Houston (you know, that little village to the SE of where you went to school...). We had thunderstorms through here this afternoon/evening, but at least it wasn't freezing! ;)
Got a T-38 I could borrow to get home? If so, I'll be there in a couple hours.

You just don't get it do you. Global warming means the earth is actually getting colder.
No doubt! Actually, if we want this snow to go away, I think we need to get out there & burn some fuel.

TODR- Looks like that out my hotel door too. Texas. WX bad, BBQ & Tex Mex good.

So funny...take an airliner from DFW back to California just to hop in my RV & fly back to TX the next day (L00-DMN-GTU). The real fun will begin when I catch back up with this front in FL (GTU-HDC-DTS-ISM). And then the real-real fun get's going when Paul tells Box to kick it on the 11th. :D

WX & MX permitting, of course. :cool:

I finally made it back from DFW! Tomorrow we leave for Austin, then on to Florida for the launch. :D

Pics

Hey Groucho

Keep us posted on the crossing with plenty of pics. Keep south across Htown like Iron said and the weather should be great. Be safe.

Keep us posted on the crossing with plenty of pics. Keep south across Htown like Iron said and the weather should be great. Be safe.
Will do! I have a Garmin handheld all ready to record my tracks across the US. I'm going to load 'em into Google Earth/Maps & make a page of the whole trip.

It looks like we'll have a 30 knot tailwind or so today on our way to Austin. Off I go!
http://www.fly2lunch.com/route.php?route=L00-L80-AVQ-LRU-ELP-GTU

Back