What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

So. Cal. weather pilots/bring home the RV3A

robert ruggles

Hi Guys
Looking at the forcast for Friday/Saturday, looks like it will be good weather for a first flight in a RV3A I bought at Camarillo and fly it back to Phoenix.
If you have seen the local weather and see something else, like high winds ect. please reply, I'm leaving Phoenix Thursday afternoon for Sunny California :)
Thanks
Robert Ruggles
Surprise Az.

Hi Robert,
If you get back on Saturday or late Friday, stop by my hanger and let me know so I can see your new baby if you get a chance.

Hi Robert,

I work 2 miles from CMA. The winds pickup between 10am and 4pm. Depends on your comfort level. It was a steady wind today, no crazy gusts.

Let me know when you plan to depart Camarillo, I may swing by to see you off.

--erik

If you have a fuselage tank its only good for 24 gallon max and maybe not all of that will be useable. A good place to stop would be Apple Valley KAPV. Good coffe shop, restrooms and a great place to ge an updated weather briefing. More importantly its a great opportunity to gas up and get a real time fuel burn figure. From there its a 2 hour flight and you can stay above the highway the whole way. Winds tend to shift and get a little stronger east of the colorado river.
Have a good flight
Tom
RV3

Back