What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2008 Georgia Tech Auto Show - Anyone care to bring a fuse?

DaX

Well Known Member
The Georgia Tech Mechanical Engineering Department is holding the 5th Annual GT Auto Show (www.gatechautoshow.com) on Saturday, March 29, 2008. The show is free for people to come see the cars, and it gets bigger every year. I have shown cars in the show over the years, but now I don't have any cool cars because I have a garage full of aluminum parts. :D

I do some help promoting and planning the show, and last minute the show organizer has asked me if I know of anyone who can trailer in an airplane. For completed airplanes, this would more than likely be one with removable or folding wings. I thought I had a guy with a Remos G3 lined up, but it fell through.

I know guys with flying RV's won't want to pluck the wings to get it to the show because it's a pain, but I thought I'd see if there was someone local with a fuselage up on the gear or something they could trailer in to the show. I'd be more than happy to help transport and sit around at the show and talk to people about it with you. There is a suggested donation for registration, which I'd be happy to split with the first person interested in bringing out their work-in-progress airplane.

Please feel free to contact me via private message here or email - [email protected] .

I really hope we can get something out there this year!

If it wasn't so far I would think about doing it since I have an auto engine in my plane and my son is a freshman at GT. The plane is painted(as of today!) and not put together yet.

I could probably come up with at least a two ship formation of Tech Grads in RV's...

Mine is even white and gold (actually yellow, but don't tell anyone)...

Todd - your airplane would be awesome! What is your son studying? It wasn't very long ago that I was a freshman.

Sid - if you're serious about bringing it out, we need to start working out the details - the show is in 3.5 weeks!

Back