What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Passing of James Headberg

glenmthompson

Well Known Member
My long time, extremely close friend, Jim Headberg, passed this morning. He went quickly and painlessly awaiting gall bladder surgery. He was less than a month from his 84'th birthday.
Jim, a builder of numerous planes, including the Jenny replica flown by Robert Redford in "The Great Waldo Pepper", and recently 2 RV's (at least as much as an 80 year old can build with my help). His most recent and most proud, was the RV-10 The "Monarch", painted like a monarch butterfly, 15'th "10" to fly. He will be sorely missed by all, and I cannot imagine flying the Monarch without him sitting by my side....... Jim, 3-31-24...to....3-3-08.

I cannot imagine flying the Monarch without him sitting by my side....... Jim, 3-31-24...to....3-3-08.

Your joy at knowing Jim and your sorrow and sadness at his passing came through five-by-five.

Nothing can prepare you for the loss of a close friendship. You and Jim's family will be in my thoughts.

Sincerely,

Mark Sletten

I had the privilege of meeting Jim a few years back and spent two wonderful days helping him with his RV-10, flying, sailing, and telling war stories. What a great guy and a huge loss to our community. My deepest sympathies to Brett and family and to his dear friend Glen.

Bob

Back