What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

aviation communities S of Chicago

Bubblehead

Well Known Member
Does anyone know of any fly-in communities south of Chicago, perhaps between Joliet and Indiana?

Thanks,

John

A couple a little farther north

There is Naper Aero estates (LL10) in Naperville and Brookeridge (LL22) in Downers Grove.

Paul

pczar3
RV-6A
N694BP reserved

Thanks for the info, Paul. I knew about Naper Aero - my sister lives there, but did not know about Brookeridge. I'll check that out. Do you know of any more towards Tinley Park or Flossmoor?

John

Last edited:
I live in Sandwich (Woodlake Landing) which is more West of Chicago than South, just Southwest of ARR. We have a newly repaved 3,000' 8-26 runway and a grass strip of about 2,000' 18-36. The house across the street from me is a nice ranch which backs to the paved runway with a great hanger that can hold 2 - 3 airplanes. It has been on the market for a while so the owner might be motivated.

Thanks for the info

Gary - I'm very familiar with Sandwich. I have my RV-8 just up the road at DeKalb. Thanks for reminding me of it.

Meghan - I drove past Meadow Creek yesterday. Very very nice and in the right neighborhood. Found the website - apparently only one home for sale there and way to big (and expensive) for the two of us empty nesters. I also drove past Bult Airport C56. Is that a new airport or just rebuilt? Lots of construction and new hangers. I drove past Frankfort too, but it looks deserted.

pczar3 - drove past Brookeridge yesterday too. Probably too far from potential work area south of Chicago.

aviation communities

John,

You are right about Frankfort, it might be open but I'm not sure.

Bult was rebuilt by the current owner but it is in the footprint of the proposed third airport, if it ever happens. He can afford to take the risk of have it closed 10 years from now.

The best bet is to buy a lot in Meadow Creek and then have me build you a new home. :D

Back