What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Van's on Eggenfellner Engines

Steve A

Well Known Member
The following was posted on the Eggenfellner Subaru site today:

I have decided it is time to defend our position in the engine market and to put to rest any rumors with factual information.
I am often asked if I know Van's Aircraft, Inc's position when it comes to installing and operating an "alternative" engine in
any of their kit aircraft. Well sure I do :) It has never changed and they have a very logical and positive stand on
the subject.

In a message dated 1/16/2008 12:07:52 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, writes:

Jan, we at Van's wish you the best and hope you have a great New Year. Even though our
aircraft kits were never designed for the "alternate" engine, your product has always
impressed us as one of the most complete and sophisticated ones for customers in that
market.

Tom Green
President
Van's Aircraft, inc.

We communicate usually at the air-shows, when we get an opportunity. It is interesting for members of Van's Aircraft to see
what we can do for optional engine choices for their customer's aircraft projects.. They realize that some builders
will chose an alternative engine for their airplane. Our mutual concern is that the engines are as safe as possible,
that the airplane should be built light and that they stay in CG. It is particularly important to keep the Nose wheel
weight down to a minimum.
So we have the same goals, working totally independent from each other.

Jan Eggenfellner'

Steve Andeson
RV 7A H=6
Lafayette La.
A few more things to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan posted this already. And DR edited his message just like he did yours.

Just clarifying (I noted this in the initial post)...all that was edited was the removal of Tom Green's email address - also fixed the 'quote' tag so it would display properly.

b,
dr

Last edited:
Just clarifying (I noted this in the initial post)...all that was edited was the removal of Tom Green's email address - also fixed the 'quote' tag so it would display properly.

b,
dr

I was laughing because your edit comment was exactly like the first edit comment, it was like deja vu all over again.

Back