What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Covington, GA Help Needed

bsacks05

Well Known Member
I know it is short notice, but does anyone know if the Covington Airport has a courtesy car? My son and I want to check out a local dog breeder there and need to get from the arpt. to the breeder which is about 5 miles away. We want to check out some pups which will probably take about 30 mins.

I plan to call the arpt in the morning to check. If you are in that area and want to exchange a ride to the breeder for a ride in my -9, I am up for that, too. We will be arriving around 2:30pm tomorrow (Sat.).

Ride..

I'd give you a ride, but I'm flying to JYL tomorrow. Should be plenty of folks around, should be able to find someone to give you a lift. I don't think the FBO has a car. Ask around the hangers on the NW end. I'll mention in the morning you'll be looking for a lift.
Good Luck!

ride

If all else fails... come to the pancake breakfast at KLZU in the morning... I'm sure somebody will give you a ride.... I borrowed a really nice truck a long time ago in Covington but that was a long time ago Best of Luck.. I'm flying a chopper in in the morning but I'll have my car at LZU in the afternoon if you need one.(doing an annual and it will take a while) 404-405-1315
Best
Brian

Last edited:
Success

I called Covington to confirm there was a car available and off we went. The trip was only about 65 miles so, overall, we were not really saving any time by flying but on a day like this it would be a crime not to fly.

brucepugsxt8.jpg

At 91A we were handed the keys to a very new Silverado. It's a good thing the truck had an audible low fuel warning, cause I wasn't paying attention. :eek:

We made it to the Pug breeders to check out their operation. The next litter of pups are due in March or April so we put our name in for the pick of the litter.

pugfacevp7.jpg

Back at the airport we departed and soon were greeted by Bill Waters on the CTAF (That was you, yes?) Good talking to you and we will be coming up there again. Sometime in April or May, I reckon!

Covington is a nice little, non-towered arpt just under the east side of the ATL class B.

Last edited:
That was me!

I was on my way back from Sylvania, heard you take off. Glad it went well, next time maybe I'll be around to help out!
See you next trip!

Back