What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy Cover

gnuse

Well Known Member
Kennon says they can't help with a cover for an F-1 Rocket, so maybe someone else makes one. Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on what is available?

F1 Canopy Cover

Cleaveland Tool now sells both styles of canopy cover for the Rocket.

I have one and am OK with it; it covers past the front lip of the boot cowl, rolls up into a small package and fits securely when attached. It is not lined though, and I am used to having a canopy cover lined with a felt material to protect the "glass"...perhaps someone else will come to the plate?!

DJ in Boone, IA with Cleveland Tool, makes a Rocket canopy cover. She used my airplane as the test and it fits perfectly, I have a speed slope w/s but I believe she has both types. http://www.cleavelandtool.com/rvinteriors/catsub4.html

Doug Rozendaal
F-1EVO

I spoke with her. She no longer has access to the material that lined the cover to protect the canopy, so they are therefore sold without the lining. She also didn't know what the term "speed slope" meant. What is the difference in the two Rocket canopy covers?

cover me...

Lynns covers have a lining and will custom embroider it if you like. He made one for my RV4 that rocked.

Smokey
HR2 oldie but goodie

private message for Smokey

please check your private message, I'm in Orlando and would like to speak to you.

darn-- someone on matronics said a rv8 fit perfectly so I had to order stuff from van's and ordered a Cleveland 8 cover.

great lightweight and three straps but it doesn't fit perfectly. Can't use the rocket word at van's so........ I gotta eight and there's slop behind the canopy on the turtle deck.

still acceptable though.

Back