What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-6 Brake Fluid Reservoir....

ThisOne

Brake Fluid Reservoir fitting...

Can a 6 Owner/Builder please post a picture of of the fitting that would be hooked up there.

I'm told that it's a "female that tightens over, or around the brake fluid reservoir"
I tried to get the needed info from Van's...but I think that I did not explain just what it was I was looking for

TIA,
This0ne

Is this what you are looking for? Part number from Chief Aircraft on this page is IE 271N-04X02.

I recall (it's been 10 years) that you need to be careful where you mount the resevoir (drill the resevoir hole) on the firewall. Be sure to allow clearance for the fitting to thread into the bottom of the resevoir without hitting the upper cross-member of the firewall framework :) Rosie

Union_fitting.jpg

Bonoco Brake Kits for RV6 & RV7

I just got my new steel braided lines from Bonoco to replace my plastic lines and it comes with an anodized version of the fitting above that screws into the brake fluid reservoir (where I have had an annoying leak for a while!).

Very professional kit also.. Really looking forward to replacing the lines.

I just got my new steel braided lines from Bonoco to replace my plastic lines and it comes with an anodized version of the fitting above that screws into the brake fluid reservoir (where I have had an annoying leak for a while!).

This fitting is leaking on my plane also. If there's a whole kit including braided lines and metal fitting to replace this one I'd be very interested. I suppose you have to have the lines custom made with your measurements?

Bonaco

I did the Bonaco lines for my 9 and they're great! They now have a standard 'kit' for the 7/9, and he's working on the 6 kit now. I'm sure he'll have one for the 4/8 soon, too. Of course, you can specify a certain length, too!

I did the Bonaco lines for my 9 and they're great! They now have a standard 'kit' for the 7/9, and he's working on the 6 kit now. I'm sure he'll have one for the 4/8 soon, too. Of course, you can specify a certain length, too!

I think this is going to be my next project. I've had leaking at the right caliper also. Thanks for the info!

- Brett

Good to hear that you like them. :D
Now don't forget...I would like some pictures sent to me.

Regards,
Brett
Bonaco, Inc.

Finished my install today...

I just finished my install and test flew today. They work great. Brett I will take photo's tonight and send them on.

Hugh.

Back