What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stop Motion @ 6K

petehowell

Well Known Member
The WX in Minne cleared for a bit today, so I tried some new stuff with the plane! Here is my first effort at stop motion animation.

I built a remote trigger/ intervalometer from a 555 IC and some other parts to take an image every x seconds(4 seconds in this case). The Rebel Xti is mounted just above my right shoulder on a Ram Mount with a Canon 17-55 IS lens.

I enlisted the help of my 14yr old twins to show me how to make iMovie stand up and dance. They took my 663 images and stiched them together to make what you see here. It was shocking how easy they made it look - they do it for school all the time....

We learned a few things - the battery died early - so no landing (it was a greaser, as far as you know) and we might try a fish eye lens next time.

Other suggestions welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R84QJC6jPUA

Hey, neatly done... I wish I had some 14-year-old minds around for creative direction and execution.

I'm analog ole' guy in a digital world... as you would see on my Rocket instru panel. All round dials.

jtm N5800

Back