What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prep for initial wing installation (QB Kit)

Greetings, I'm sure someone will point out that everyone got the "revision" or that I have been reading the plans upside down, but anyway... On page 8-14 the instructions say, "....mark on the W-704 screw locations at each unused rivet space on the bottom flange of the W-710 root rib." Well, my QB wing has rivets in all the above locations. So I look on DWG 12 and on the top view, skin W-702, the rivets to be left out are indicated. This, however, is the "top" skin of the wing, not the bottom skin, W-704, as indicated in the construction manual. Am I just confused or are the missing rivets mismarked on the DWG 12. I just want to be sure I'm drilling out the correct rivets.

Also, DWG 11 shows the wing attach bolts as, "Nas1307-50." My bolts appear to be -35, which I think is correct. :confused:

Thanks in advance,
Don Owens

Wing root rivets

On my 8 all the rivets were in there, too. Keep in mind what you need to do - install some nutplates that will hold the wing root fairings on. Have a look at those fairings, do a test fit on the wings (even before they are on the fuselage) and it will become clearer. That's what helped me. Good luck!

Back