What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Music for Flight Videos

bullethead

I'm New Here
Doug,

Love the flight videos posted on the website and especially those with music accompaniment. May seem like a really silly thread but I have always thought Jet from Paul McCartney and Wings would be great to use. Best line in the song is "Climb on in back and we'll go for a ride in the sky!"

What do you say?

Safe flight,
Bullethead

Face the Music

Music behind the videos, amateur-style, not-for-profit, just-for-fun... has appealed to me. The video-sharing is easy since I own the tape but the audio tracks are snatched from CD's I own. At least I bought those.

Windows Movie Maker makes it easy... YouTube is loaded with this stuff.

There is always some peril of copyright infringement if some entity cares to threaten, so.... higher profile, higher threat.

At my own risk....

Now Removed... I got a ping on that one.

jtm

Last edited:
Great Choice of Music

John,

Checked out the video; it's great and Out In The Country is a great choice and one of my very favorites. I too had thought this was an excellent choice for backing audio.

Well done.

Sony Bullet

Camera is Sony Bullet 480 line. Was bought a couple years ago from helmet cam supplier, hung various places on the plane. You can see the current rear-facing mount at the end of "RV Water Music", the link is posted with Photo/Video URLs elsewhere in Forums, thanks to Doug.

Recording deck is Sony GVD-1000, an old miniDV portable VCR "Walkman".

Editing is done with Windows Movie Maker. I see chatter (hesitating motion) especially on the YouTube transmissions. I'm told that faster RPMs on the hard disk of editing PC might help. Will try to fix that later.

I bought another cam, 580 line, and hope to gather more tapes to edit multi-views this season. Saving up gas money.

jtm N5800

Back